This Week In The Box Office: ‘Taken 2′ Rises to the Occasion for #1 Spot!
Seems that there is a new champion of the Box Office as this week “Taken 2″ beat out “Hotel Translyvania”. Good news for “Pitch Perfect” as they nabbed the #3 spot in the Top 5! With a slight squeeze for Tim Burton’s new film “Frankenweenie” coming in 5th place. Still, it is a commanding Top 5 this week as each performed rather well in the box office! This week in the Top In Box Office are:
1. Taken 2 – Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) returns for another adventure as the former CIA agent is forced to act again, but this time to save his and his wife’s life! They are kidnapped and taken to Istanbul. With the help of Kim, his wife, Bryan must find a way to safety as the two fight to stay alive in a treturous adventure much worse than the first. With his “unique” ways to protect, he has to take care of the one he dears again. He and his wife have to take out the hostages and run back to safety.
2. Hotel Transylvania – Dracula has a five-star resort that hosts monsters and their families. This is to give them a sense of peace from the humans trying to bother them. Mavis, his daughter is about to hit her 118th birthday and he wants everything to be perfect. Dracula invites monsters from all over the world. Frankenstein and his bride, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, a family of werewolves, and more are coming and they have everything ready. When a human makes his way into the castle of monsters and falls in love with Dracula’s daughter, things get a little weirder than they already are.
3. Pitch Perfect – Beca (Anna Kendrick) arrives for her first day in college and finds herself in a mixture of nice girls and mean girls with a talent and love of singing. As an “A Cappella” group, Beca and the group of misfits battle their way to the top of the scene and have fun with it. With their clique, they muscle their way through with the perfect harmonies and mad lyrics.
4. Looper – Set in the future, time travel is available solely on the black market and the Mob wants to kill someone in the past. A looper, a hired gun, to do the job. Joe is that guy . As he is waiting to mop up, he is getting rich. However, when the Mob decides to send Joe’s future self for assassination, things go from good to back rather quickly.
5. Frankenweenie – When Viktor (voiced by Charlie Tahan) looses his dog Sparky, he is determined to bring his friend back to life. With the help of a lab, he brings him back to life. However, when he escapes, the entire town are on the hunt to destroy the abomination.
That’s it for the Top 5 of the week! Did your favorite make the cut? With the nice line-up for the theaters, it is good to want to go see some movies that are surely going to keep you on the edge of your seat or running to the bathroom clutching your sides with laughter pains…I know it isn’t pleasant, but it is worth it, right? Check back next week as we see if your favorites survive the cut!
Tags: box office, movie trailers, videos