Home » Celeb News

Joey Kovar Found Dead From Suspected Overdose

Submitted by on August 18, 2012 – 2:04 pm Comments

Joey KovarJoey Kovar, the reality star from the show “Real World” was found dead in a friend’s home near Chicago yesterday morning. Kovar was only 29 years old. The star had appeared on “Celebrity Rehab” and it is believed that drugs are the cause of death.

Apparently, on Thursday night, Kovar went to a friend, Stacey Achterhof, and told her that he had been doing cocaine. He told Achterhof that he wanted to get some more coke and asked her to drive him to find some. Achterhof told him no and asked him to stay at her house in Chicago Ridge, Illinois.

Kovar was also drunk, and reportedly took some Viagra just before messing around with Achterhof, though the couple did not have sex. Achterhof apparently fell asleep and when she woke up early Friday morning, Joey was bleeding from the nose and ears. She called 911 and authorities rushed to the scene. Kovar was pronounced dead there in Stacey’s home.

According to police, Kovar’s eyes were blackened, which can occur when a person overdoses. It is believed that Kovar had an aneurysm.

Achterhof was thoroughly interviewed by police officers on Friday and at this point, it’s not likely that she will be charged with any crimes. She told police she had previously seen Kovar taking Adderall and Xanax. Though Kovar did have a prescription for these medications, sources close to Kovar said that more often than not, he took more than the prescription called for.

Want more celeb news? Click Here

When Kovar starred on “Real World: Hollywood,” he decided to enter rehab in the middle of the season after admitting that he had struggled with substance abuse for years. He then tried to get help for his cocaine and ecstasy addictions by joining the reality show “Celebrity Rehab” for the show’s third season. According to show’s website, Kovar had been abusing numerous drugs, including steroids as part of his bodybuilding, since he was a teenager.Joey Kovar and Dr. Drew

MTV released an official statement saying “MTV is deeply saddened to learn that Joey Kovar of “The Real World: Hollywood” has passed away. We offer our sympathies to Joey’s loved ones, friends, and fans.” It will be a few weeks before we see a toxicology result, but it is believed they will show that Kovar took a fatal combination of Viagra, cocaine, and alcohol.

Kovar is the fourth person who has appeared on Dr. Drew’s VH1 reality show to have passed away in the past 18 months. Last year, the former Alice in Chains bassist, Mike Starr overdosed in his Utah home and Jeff Conaway from “Grease” overdosed in May. In June of this year Rodney King drowned in his pool after drinking and smoking marijuana.

 

Keaven Neely

Keaven is a stay at home mother of two little girls. She writes her blog This Mama Is Crazy and also sells her arts and crafts on her Etsy site. Writer of “The No BS Zone”

Be Sociable, Share!
Tags: ,

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also Comments Feed via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.


+ 8 = 16